Thursday, January 27, 2011

copycat: a walk in the park

_MG_0027

_MG_9948

_MG_9918

_MG_9917

_MG_9961

_MG_9978

copycat.001
copycat inspire:  Lucy Laucht


Meet Lucy Laucht.  She is considered to be an everyday muse and inspiration for this outfit.  I would officially consider her blog to be in my top 3 favorites. I think she does a great job of pairing the most unexpected things together, and such an art deserves more recognition. So here's to you, Lucy.

About the outfit:  Everything was found at a thrift store with the exceptions of the shoes (clearance at Kohls) and the black skinny pants (Target).  After putting this together, taking pictures, and reviewing them, I was given a whole new inspiration to raid my closet for fun and unexpected pairings.  I think the greatest accomplishment of the whole thing is the mixing of black, brown, and navy blue. Questions about this outfit?? Let me answer two:
1) Yes, the cord blazer is one of my favorite pieces and is considered to be a closet staple at this point.  2) Hold the red paint--the fur collar is fake. No rabbits or other woodland creatures were harmed on my behalf.
3) Yes, this is something I wear beyond playing dress up.  You may not see wearing it at the local Goodwill, but I would totally rock it downtown.

Works Cited:  shoes (kohls); pants (target); blazer, shirt, fur collar, brooch, bag (thrift)

2 comments:

  1. Ok this is probably my favorite so far. Seriously. It seems like just yesterday you wouldn't take off that blue plaid scarf that matched your blue sweatshirt and blue jacket.

    ReplyDelete