Monday, January 31, 2011

peep toes

_MG_0726
blazer, belt, ring, & shoes:  thrift

_MG_0702
tank:  old navy

_MG_0620
necklaces:  forever21

_MG_0597
tights:  target

_MG_0603
skirt:  kohls


remix.001
Original vs. Remix

If you're thinking, "That outfit looks familiar; she's worn it already," you are right.  Originally seen in the Objects for the Home post, I took a look at the photos and said I can do better.

Here's a little game I play called "Emerald-gets-super-excited-about-new-favorites-and-wants-to-wear-them-all-together-at-once." Yeah, don't act like you haven't played.  I realized that there were a lot of colors and layers I wanted to incorporate, but sometimes less is more. So the new remix formula looked a little something like this:


Original outfit - boots - mustard cardigan + peep toe shoes + chunkier necklace + belt = remix outfit.

Let's also substitute awkward posing for more candid shots.  Because let's face it--if you're not being yourself, you look out of place.

The joy of experimenting with styles is meant to be about trial & error. So laugh at the fail's and give it another go.

Photos were taken by my husband--he's more than a pretty face. To see what he's been up to, go here.

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in LOVE with your pictures. They are gorgeous and you're so lucky to have such a talented husband!

    AND... can I just say that I love this outfit as well? You're gorgeous and you've got amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this outfit! can't believe half of them are trifted!??!

    ReplyDelete