Tuesday, October 11, 2011

EBEW: DIY

0020

0040

0010

I typically avoid "DIY" because I'm not as skilled in the crafty department in spite of moments genius creativity.  I found this dress on clearance at Macy's a couple of years ago for my mom's wedding, and it was actually a cross between the two colors on my shoes:  beige meets sandstone, aka not a flattering color on me.  So I dyed it.
Using Rit Dye and two cycle washing cycles later, I now have a scarlet/wine colored dress.  I should warn you that it was a little more difficult because of the amount of polyester (I think) in the dress, but I was pleased.
Are you participating in Everybody Everywear?

I'm wearing:  shoes (thrifted target); trench (h&m); dress (calvin klein clearance--$50 or less at macys)

0 comments:

Post a Comment